Since the launch of Android Market, a lot of new apps have been introduced for various purposes. A lot of music related apps are available – but not many of them let you create custom ringtones from your favorite songs.
Forget editing songs on your PC or Internet and transferring them on your Android – with RingDroid you can do it all on your phone.
RingDroid is a free and easy to use Android App for creating your own Audio clips. Now you don’t have worry about getting a new Ringtone, Alarm or Notification. All you need is a music track in your library or just record a new one directly on your phone.
How Does RingDroid work:
Once you download and install RingDroid which is available in the Android Market, you can start creating your tones or notification sounds. If you want to record a ringtone – RingDroid takes you to the voice recording app.
Once you Run the app – it would show the songs in your library and when you select a song RingDroid shows you the sound waves of the song.
You can move the scrollbars around to select a portion of the song you want to use as a ringtone or notification. It shows you when the sound starts and when it ends so you know the exact length of the song.
Once you click on the save button – you are presented with options to save it:
From here you can either set it as a ringtone or assign it to a contact or do even more.
Features Of RingDroid Android App:
There is a lot of competition when it comes to Ringtone Apps. RingDroid stands out due to these features.
- Open an existing audio file
- View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
- Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
- Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and auto-scrolling of the waveform
- Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
- Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
- Record a new audio clip to edit
- Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
- Launches automatically in response to the GET_CONTENT intent with a mime type of audio/ if any other application wants to pick an audio file – for example the “Rings Extended” application.
- Assign a ringtone directly to a contact.
Download RingDroid from the Projects Homepage.