Computer programmer Thomas A. Anderson aka “Neo” wondered – “What is the Matrix?” The answer to this seemingly small and simple question led Neo through a series of life altering events to save the last human city on earth – Zion! The same events thrilled innumerable fans through the trilogy of one of the best science-fiction movies ever made – The Matrix.
The Matrix has had a strong effect on action film-making in Hollywood, setting a new standard for cinematic fight scenes. Matrix popularized the use of a visual effect known as “bullet time”, which allows the viewer to explore a moment progressing in slow-motion as the camera appears to orbit around the scene at normal speed. After all, who can forget the scene of Neo dodging bullets in the first chapter of the series? Since the movie released in 1999, it has had legions of fans who cannot get enough of the Matrix.
The Matrix was the most requested Movie theme in our User polls in the theme gallery. So here we present The Matrix theme for all our readers. The Matrix Windows 7 Theme consists of 30+ Hi-Res wallpapers, custom movie sounds and icons in one explosive package. Bring “The Matrix” on your desktop!
The Matrix Windows 7 Theme Screenshots:
These are just a few of the 30+ Hi-Res wallpapers you would get with this theme. Download The theme to get them all.
Custom Icons and Sounds for The Matrix Windows 7 Theme:
Each theme is unique and needs unique icons, so we have brought together a nice set of icons specially made for The Matrix Theme.
We have posted 2 screenshots to help you see how the icons look on different backgrounds. Check them out.
Matrix features some of the coolest soundtracks we have heard in a science fiction movie. We have included some cool dialogues as well as music from the movie in this theme. You would hear them while applying the theme, starting and shutting down the computer.
Download The Matrix Windows 7 Theme:
We have a dedicated download page for this theme. You can also check out other themes in our Windows 7 Themes Gallery.
The Matrix Fun Facts & Trivia:
- Quite a few actors were considered for the role of Neo – Ewan McGregor, Leonardo DiCaprio, Nicolas Cage, Tom Cruise and Will Smith.
- Gary Oldman was considered as Morpheus at one point, as well as Samuel L. Jackson.
- The special effects for The Matrix Reloaded cost $100 million U.S.
- GM donated 300 cars for use in the production of this movie. All 300 were wrecked by the end.
- The film’s highway chase sequence took almost three months to shoot (longer than many films’ entire shooting schedule).
- Only a few of Agent Smith clones were actually played by Hugo Weaving. Open casting calls for men with similar body shapes and structures took place, and Weaving’s head was superimposed on them later.
- The fight sequence of Neo versus Smith and his clones (a.k.a. The Burly Brawl) took 27 days to shoot and has four totally computer-animated sequences, with no live action whatsoever.
- The Matrix Revolutions was the first film to première in the brand new Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
- The special effects crew spent two months designing the apparatus to make the perfect rain drop.
- A machine called “The Tuning Fork” (rotatable at 360 degrees) was specially constructed for the effect of Neo and Smith fighting in the air, heading upwards into the sky
- The last scene of the movie set in the park is the only time in all three movies that greenery and a blue sky are seen inside the Matrix.