Lord Of The Rings – an epic fantasy novel written by J. R. R. Tolkien, is perhaps the most elaborate and detailed fantasy world ever. The story of Lord Of The Rings began from a smaller and less complex children’s fantasy novel – The Hobbit. The sequel, as Lord Of The Rings was meant to be, went on to become one of the best fantasy works of all times.
Although most of you do not need to read about LOTR, for rare few who might not have seen the movie or read the book, here is a brief summary. The events in Lord Of The Rings take place in fictional world of Middle-Earth. The events are centered around the One Ring – a ring of power created by the Dark Lord Sauron as the ultimate weapon to rule the other Rings Of Power and conquer all of Middle-Earth.
The story unfolds as the hobbit, Frodo Baggins, starts a long journey from Shire to Mount Doom, the place where the ring was forged and the place where it can be destroyed. Aided and protected by humans, a dwarf, the elves, a wizard and fellow hobbits; hunted by the Orcs and the Ringwraiths and guided by the treacherous Gollum – Frodo’s journey through the fantasy world is one of the most epic tales of all times.
The Lord Of The Rings Theme consists of 40+ Hi-Res Wallpaper, Custom Icons and Movie sounds which will bring the world of Middle Earth right to your computer’s desktop.
Screenshots For Lord Of The Rings Windows Theme:
These are just a few of the 40+ Incredible wallpapers that are included in this theme. Download the theme to get them all.
Custom Icons, Cursors and Sounds For The LOTR Theme:
Like all our Exclusive themes, this theme comes with a special Cursor pack to set it apart from all others.
Along with these cool icons and cursors, we also have some really cool music from the Movie to go with this theme.
Download Lord Of The Rings Theme for Windows 7 and 8:
The LOTR theme is an Exclusive theme created for TechNorms Email subscribers and Facebook Fans. You can subscribe to our Email Newsletter here or You can join us on Facebook here.
If you are already subscribed to our newsletter, you would see the exclusive themes link at top of the Email message or you can also download it from our Facebook Page.
Fun Facts & Trivia About Lord Of The Rings:
- Lord Of The Rings was initially intended by Tolkien to be one volume of a two-volume set, with the other being The Silmarillion.
- When submitted to the publisher, for economic reasons three volumes were created – The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King.
- Legolas’s arrows in the the battle are computer generated. It would have been physically impossible for even the most gifted archer to fire off so many arrows so quickly.
- The big trees in Lothlorien forest are made of rubber.
- There were supposed to be 144 Hobbits at Bilbo Baggins’s party. Due to budgetary constraints, there are actually only 100.
- It is estimated that filming of the trilogy pumped about $200,000,000 into the New Zealand economy.
- The Fellowship Of The Ring stayed in the US top ten grossing films for 13 weeks and DVD/Video release set a UK record when it chalked up sales of 2.4 million.