There has been talk around the web that although there are many apps being developed for the Twitter platform, none of them have been able to elevate themselves to the level of a “True Killer App” which would give rise to an entirely new sub-industry.
It seems Twitter has decided to take matters in their own hands and have launched the Official Blackberry Twitter App. You can download the App from http://blackberry.com/twitter
Blackberry is an ideal platform for communication and this new Twitter App has been closely integrated with BlackBerry to utilize all the features that BlackBerry provides.
Official Twitter BlackBerry App Features:
- Real-time BlackBerry push of Twitter direct messages
- Camera and photo gallery integration
- Browser integration for Tweeting links
- Customizable interface for changing fonts, hiding tool bars, etc.
- Inbox integration so you can read your Twitter direct messages along side your email and text messages
- @integration so that if you receive an email or text message which includes an @username, it is linked to the Twitter app profile page
- Twitter lists integration
- Notification of @mentions
- Search for users, content, and trending topics
- Localized for French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese
Push notifications, Integration with the Camera and Photo gallery and Browser Integration as some of the best features of this app, making use of twitter very easy from each interface.
Twitter has always encouraged external developers to create applications for Twitter, and this is their first ever official application to be launched. I sense there would be some backlash from the Twitter Apps developers community.