The new Metro UI in Windows 8 is very visually appealing and gives you very quick access to all of your favorite apps. However, some users may be slightly confused as to how you install new Metro Apps and also how to uninstall these Apps. This guide will show you how to install and uninstall apps quickly and easily.
Installing Metro Apps
Windows 8 has seen the introduction of the new Windows App Store which has an array of apps available to download. Of course, because Windows 8 is only at its consumer preview stage, there’s still a limited number of free apps available at this time, but there will be plenty more free and paid apps once it’s officially released.
- You can get into the Windows Store by simply selecting the tile from the Start menu. Once there you’ll be able to browse around all the different apps which are ordered by category.
2. Once you select an app that you’re interested in installing you’ll be brought to a page that shows you all the information about that app. You’ll find detailed descriptions, the price, screenshots, reviews, ratings and more. When you’re ready to install the app go ahead and click on install.
3. The app will then automatically start installing and you can continue using Windows and going about your business as normal, it will work away in the background.
4. Once it’s installed you will see a little notification pop up confirming that the app successfully installed.
5. And it will now be in your start menu.
How To Uninstall A Metro App
Uninstalling a Metro app is quite straightforward once you know how to do it.
For Mouse and Keyboard Users:
- Simply right-click on the apps that you want to uninstall
- A bar will slide up at the bottom of the screen which gives you the option to uninstall the app
For Touchscreen Users:
If you’re using a touchscreen device, the process is slightly different as obviously you can’t right-click on a touch screen. All you have to do is simply do a little swipe on the apps tile that you want to uninstall. Then you’ll be presented with the same uninstall bar as in the screenshot above.