Do you know what the most striking feature of 3D printing is? The answer is accessibility. 3D printing enables you to make three-dimensional objects using additive processes. This technology is ever-evolving and here to stay. It gives you a solid object in 3D format from a digital file. With such a vision, the demand for 3D printing classes is high.
Well, the options to learn 3D printing are plenty, and our team of experts has researched for you. We have scoured through the massive expanse and brought you the best 3D printing tutorials. These are from credible sources and have both free and paid options.
Why and How to Select 3D Printing Classes
3D printing has become an essential technology as it is a production method used by a large number of companies in today’s world scenario. According to statista.com, the 3D printing market across the globe is expected to grow to 21 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. With faster production, good quality and design, creativity, and freedom, the 3D business is ever-growing.
However, most people who want to learn 3D are not very clear about the vision. Some users asked, “Where can I learn 3D printing?” or “What is the need for 3D printing?” Well, we are here to guide you through, make the process more comfortable, and give you an insight into 3D printing tutorial.
There is a continuous demand for trained people in this field, which is why 3D printing classes are becoming so popular. Learning the skills will give you an edge over the others and increase your chances of success. Professional skills and certifications enable you to initiate and lead new programs.
Availing of a tutorial that is not very heavy on the pocket is an excellent investment. It is cost-saving, and you end up mastering the processes and skills that provide value. How much money you’d want to spend on a class is also an essential factor to consider to learn 3D printing.
Learn 3D Printing to Unleash Your Creative Side
We have compiled the list of best 3D printing classes available online. From how to use a 3D printer to 3d print design software, these courses offer specialization, give a boost to your creativity, and help to understand the process.
Note: All the courses from Udemy have lifetime free access with mobile and TV compatibility.
Pro tip: If you are interested in enrolling in a course from Udemy, you may want to wait for one of their promotions before purchasing. Udemy frequently offers promotional discounts that can range anywhere between 10% to 90%. Please do note that not all courses have this promotion.
1. Designing for 3D Printing with Fusion 360 from Udemy
Autodesk Fusion 360 is a free 3D printer software and is extensively used for designing and sketching 3D drawings for printing. This course is for beginners, and you learn the skills required to create models that are used for 3D printing. You can take up this 3D printing tutorial even if you have no prior knowledge of the 3D print design software.
The instructor is Vladimir Mariano, who has divided the course into 21 lectures. His style of teaching and ease of explanation, make this course one of the highest selling 3D printing classes. Are you ready to bring out the crazy ideas and develop them into real products?
- Master Autodesk Fusion 360 with easy to follow instructions
- Acquire all the desired skills to create your designs
- Designing ten functional and practical products
- Be well-versed with design concepts
- Convert your crazy ideas into stunning tangible products
Online course duration: 4 hours
No. of students enrolled: 11,050+
Best suited for – Beginners
Check price and Sign up for Designing for 3D Printing with Fusion 360 here
2. 3D Printing Software from Coursera
The 3D printing tutorial teaches you how to use a 3D print design software for making digital designs that can be converted into physical objects. The course also demonstrates the workings of 3D scanners to make you understand what the process that goes behind turning digital designs into tangible products is.
Course instructor, Jeffrey Smith, gives valuable insight into popular 3D modeling programs like Fusion 360 and Tinkercad. You also learn how to use a 3D printer with hands-on instructions.
- Master Fusion 360, both basics and advanced
- Know Tinkercad, basics and advanced
- Learn how to design and sketch for 3D printing
- Get to know everything about 3D scanning
- Understand how to use a 3D printer
Online course duration: 23 hours (4 hours per week)
No. of students enrolled: 16,500+
Best suited for – Beginners
Sign up for 3D Printing Software here
3. Getting Started With 3D Printing from Udemy
One of the best 3D printing classes, this one is ideal for anyone looking to learn the basics of 3D modeling from an expert. You get to understand how to use a 3D printer and avail of a 3D printing service.
Justin Mitchel conducts the course in 9 lectures. You learn popular software OpenSCAD and 123DMake Basics and create 3D objects for printing. If you are simply looking to learn some beginner-level basics, you must take up this course. So, are you ready to prototype products and create some exquisite designs for your home and workplace?
- Learn the basics of 3D modeling
- Know how to use a 3D printer service and a 3D printer
- Create exquisite designs and turn them into stunning projects
- Get your hands on the 3D printing software OpenSCAD
- Be well-versed with another powerful software called 123DMake Basics
- Build objects required in the real world
Online course duration: 44 mins
No. of students enrolled: 18,700+
Best suited for: Anyone interested in 3D printing
Check price and Sign up for Getting Started With 3D Printing here
4. The 3D Printing Revolution from Coursera
The 3D printing tutorial illustrates how 3D printers work and goes on to demonstrate what people make. It also gives an insight into the 3D printing ecosystem. You get to explore the future of this niche and understand how 3D technology is creating a revolution globally.
Award-winning scholar Aric Rindfleisch conducts the course. On-location interviews, hands-on exercises, engaging video lectures are all a part of the curriculum. Once through, you will have much better clarity about how 3D printing works, as you receive a holistic approach.
- Know how does a 3D printer and scanner work
- Study the 3D printing ecosystem
- Explore the prospects and applications of 3D printing
- Get your hands on informative video lectures
- Create and print your designs
Online course duration: 12 hours (2-3 per week)
No. of students enrolled: 23,900+
Best suited for – Beginners
Sign up for The 3D Printing Revolution here
5. Fusion 360 for 3D Printing – Creating Curved Bodies from Udemy
If you are looking for 3D printing classes that teach you how to create curved bodies, then this is the course you must avail of. The tutorial illustrates useful methods for designing curved bodies, and you get to learn the art of optimizing your models for 3D printing. You get to create a Wonder Woman called Tiara.
The 3D printing tutorial teaches you how to 3D print using Fusion 360. The course instructor is Vladimir Mariano and has divided the class into 15 lectures. Once you are through with the course, you will be an expert in designing customized curved geometry in your models.
- Learn the fundamentals of Fusion 360
- Create curved bodies in your models
- Optimize your designs to make it fit for 3D printing
- Learn useful handy tips to deal with various 3D printing software
- Make your design look complete by applying post-processing techniques
- Create Wonder Woman Tiara that is ready to print
Online course duration: 1.5 hours
No. of students enrolled: 1190+
Best suited for: Anyone interested in learning 3D printing or master Autodesk Fusion 360
Check price and Sign up for Fusion 360 for 3D Printing – Creating Curved Bodies here
6. 3D Printing Hardware from Coursera
The course gives in-depth knowledge and teaches about desktop 3D printing hardware. If you are interested in knowing how to use a 3D printer, you must avail of this course. The 3D printing tutorial studies the history and background of desktop 3d printing and illustrates how the printers were made, as well as how they work.
What more? You also get a step-by-step tutorial depicting how to use a 3D printer and what should be done if something goes wrong. The course instructors are Matthew Griffin and Alex Larson, and the class is divided into six subparts.
- Explore the A-Z of desktop 3D printing hardware
- Know the history of desktop 3D printing
- Learn the working mechanism of 3D printers
- Get your hands on repairing 3D printers
- Understand various types of materials that can be 3D printed
- Create multiple objects using these materials
Online course duration: 28 hours (5 hours per week)
No. of students enrolled: 5,900+
Best suited for: People interested in exploring 3D printing hardware
Sign up for 3D Printing Hardware here
7. 3D Printing from Zero to Hero in Blender from Udemy
There are many types of 3D printing classes, but this one claims to make you an expert, starting from scratch. The free 3D print software that the tutorial uses to teach is Blender. You learn 3D modeling to bring out your imagination and see them being converted into reality in the form of products.
The course is conducted in 52 lectures by instructor Thomas McDonald. If your main goal is to 3D print your designs, this tutorial will be beneficial. The demonstrations are obvious and to the point. Thomas also replies to your queries very promptly.
You will be in a position to make 3D models for the animation industry, games, and 3D printed gifts after you are done with this tutorial.
- Learn 3D printing and 3D modeling techniques
- Master the software Blender 3D and its mechanism
- Create unique 3D models that are ready for printing
- Export your creations to Shapeways for printing
Online course duration: 3.5 hours
No. of students enrolled: 2700+
Best suited for: Students, beginners, and 3D print hobbyists
Check price and Sign up for 3D Printing from Zero to Hero in Blender – 3D Design here
8. 3D Printing: From Start to Finish from Udemy
If you wish to create impressive 3D prints, the 3D tutorial shows you the various stages of 3D printing. It also traces back the process to its beginning. You avail of the best tips that will help you in 3D printing, get to know how to use slicers, and finish your prints.
The course instructor is Kevin Volo, who has been in the industry for more than two decades. The tutorial is conducted in 42 lectures. If you are interested in the niche and looking for the best 3D printing classes, you won’t be disappointed!
- Create stunning 3D prints from start to finish
- Understand the factors to select the right printer
- Get your hands on slicing software
- Learn how 3D printers work
Online course duration: 4 hours
No. of students enrolled: 1000+
Best suited for: Designers, artists, and anyone interested in 3D printing
Check price and Sign up for 3D Printing: From Start to Finish here
9. Beginner 3D Printing Class from Instructables
Very different from the other 3D printing classes we’ve listed, this one is by Instructables. You get to learn the fundamentals of 3D printing and designs. Once you complete the course, you can create stunning projects through Fusion 360.
The course instructor is Jonathan Odam, who is into 3D modeling and 3D printing for more than a decade now. The tutorial is divided into four lectures. You can apply the skills that he teaches you to create furniture, art, toys, lamps, and a bunch of other things. So, are you ready to take up this free and accessible 3D printing tutorial?
- Master the 3D printing software Fusion 360
- Create stunning 3D print designs
- Learn the basics of 3D printing and 3D modeling
- Get your hands on desktop 3D printing
Online course duration: 4 lessons
No. of students enrolled: 45,000+
Best suited for – Beginners
Sign up for Beginner 3D Printing Class here
10. Learning 3D Printing from LinkedIn Learning
One of the best 3D printing classes in terms of what it offers; this course from LinkedIn Learning is a perfect one to select. It makes you an expert in the field by transmitting some quick lessons and handy tips. The tutorial sketches out a roadmap for getting you started. You begin with how to choose a printer and go on to learning the A-Z of 3D modeling.
The course instructor is Kacie Hultgren. She has divided the class into four main sub-parts. Kacie is a multidisciplinary designer and was way ahead of time with 3D printing experiments when she first started. What better than learning the tricks of the trade from such revolutionaries?
- Learn to choose the correct 3D printer
- Know the fundamentals of 3D printing and 3D modeling
- Get a step-by-step guide about 3D design tools
- How to conduct a 3D scan
- Repair designs so that they are print-ready
- Get your hands on Netfabb Studio, a 3D printing suite
Online course duration: 1 hr 16 mins
No. of viewers: 17000+
Best suited for: Designers and 3D printing novices
Price: 1-month free trial/Buy the course for $39.99
Sign up for Learning 3D Printing here
11. Additive Manufacturing from LinkedIn Learning
The 3D printing tutorial about optimizing 3D prints takes you a step further. 3D printing is not a simple additive process, and several things might not work as planned. However, if you have the right material, knowledge, and designs, you will be able to come up with stunning, high-quality prints.
The course instructors are Rich Cameron and Joan Norvath. Will helpful and descriptive five classes, they assist you in getting amazing prints from a 3D printer of consumer level. There are exercise files, as well. So, you can watch, learn, and practice. This is one of the best 3D printing classes for all 3D enthusiasts.
- Be well-versed with 3D printer settings
- Learn about the software Slicer and host programs
- Know filament-based printing
- Understand how to auto-level print beds
- Master the technique of removing supports
- Find out about using G-code to run custom commands
Online course duration: 1 hr 27 mins
No. of viewers: 1800+
Best suited for – Intermediate and expert levels
Price: 1-month free trial/Buy the course for $54.99
Sign up for Additive Manufacturing: Optimizing 3D Prints here
12. 3D Printing Classes from Skillshare
Skillshare gives you many options when it comes to free 3D printing classes. The online teaching platform covers courses that teach you the fundamental concepts and basics of 3D printing.
Every tutorial is divided into small lectures and sub-parts. At the end of the class, you are assigned projects and assignments. The courses range from topics like designing fidget spinners to easily kick-starting 3D printing.
You get to master software like Fusion 360 and SolidWorks and avail of well-structured content. The pace at which the topics are covered is ideal for students to learn along. Experts in the industry take the tutorials. They reply to your queries promptly.
There is no prerequisite required for you to take up these 3D printing classes. The lectures are interactive, fun, and also helps in making complex subjects engaging.
Sign up for 3D printing classes here
13. Additive Manufacturing for Innovative Design and Production by MIT
Quite different from the other 3D printing classes we’ve listed, this course is an excellent choice for anyone looking to learn how additive manufacturing (AM) is used for design and production. You learn the business implications and applications of AM and get to understand the fundamentals.
- Learn technical principles and workflow of 3D printing for composites and metals
- Design parts for additive manufacturing by combining design tools and process knowledge
- Ace the art of selecting an additive manufacturing process and the correct materials required for a particular application
- Understand how to ascertain the value an additively manufactured product depending on its cost, usage, and performance
- Master the techniques of navigating the complex landscape of the materials and applications of additive manufacturing
Online course duration: 12 weeks
No. of students enrolled: 4000+
Best suited for – Professionals and Experts
Sign up for Additive Manufacturing for Innovative Design and Production here
If you want to be a part of futuristic technology, do get your hands on the 3D printing classes that we’ve listed, and become an indispensable part of the industry. Go through the handpicked 3D tutorials and courses, and select the one that suits you.
Additive manufacturing is a production method used by too many companies these days, and by learning the tricks of the trade, you ensure that your position is secured in the professional sphere. 3D printing requires some knowledge that you’ll only get by learning from the experts in the niche. How interesting will it be to bring life to your imaginations in tangible form?